The Friends of New Glarus Woods State Park promotes the use and improvement of the park through the following efforts:
- Providing volunteer support for maintaining trails, planting prairies and other stewardship activities
- Assisting the park with educational and community activities
- Providing financial assistance for park projects and programs
[ Public Welcome ]
2nd Tues of Each Month
Weather permitting, we meet at the NGWSP shelter.
The Friends of New Glarus Woods State Park warmly welcomes any and all who are interested in helping preserve and promote our area resource.
Interested in attending our monthly meetings?
We'd love to have you!
Your gifts help us fund our efforts including the following:
Park Maintenance Supplies
Thank you for investing in this local environmental cause.
*A donation to the Friends of New Glarus Woods State Park is eligible to receive a tax deduction.
How can we help? Drop us a line. We'd love to hear from you!
Friends of New Glarus Woods State Park, Inc.
PO Box 805
New Glarus, WI 53574
Do you support mountain biking in New Glarus Woods State Park? We're the Friends of New Glarus Woods State Park and we do! Mountain bike trails in the park have the potential for many benefits:
- Make the park attractive to a broader audience
- Allow current users to enjoy the park in a new way
- Become Green County's first single-track mountain biking venue
- Provide an incentive for area children and adults to be physically active outdoors
- Give children in the village of New Glarus the opportunity to recreate without the need for an adult to drive them
- Generate synergies with existing bicycle infrastructure to reinforce this part of Green County as a cycling destination. (The Sugar River and Badger State Trails for families and casual touring, along with the surrounding county road network renowned by more serious road cyclists)
- Increase the potential for winter use for "Fat bikes", even in low-snow winters
Please sign a petition that will demonstrate community support to the DNR board for the development of singletrack mountain bike trails in New Glarus Woods State Park via this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/R85W7GQ